Thursday, March 3, 2011

REVIEW: Maybelline Falsies Mascara


PROS:
  • Very volumising and lengthening
  • Gives a dramatic look
  • Takes only one to two layers
  • True to color
CONS:
  • Flakes easily after a few hours
  • Does not hold curl
  • Takes a long time to dry


When I first bought this mascara I was expecting wonders instantly. I was extremely disappointed. It is a very very very wet mascara, which some may like and swear by, but I can't stand it. After I would apply it I wouldn't be able to blink or open my eyes all the way for quite a while until it dried enough not to transfer to my lid. It does give you nice dramatic lashes however and is very beautiful if you can apply it the right way. It's a very dark black, thick consistency. It does flake a bit after wearing it for a few hours which sucks, but most mascaras do and you just have to work around that some. It's not bad enough to be a determining factor for this mascara. Anyway, after I first bought it and tried it out I kind of put it to the side for a few weeks from not enjoying using it. Then one day I decided I would give it another shot and I fell in love. It seemed to have dried out a bit over the few weeks I had let it sit to a better consistency and worked fabulously on my lashes. So it's kind of a weird mascara to me. I'm absolutely in love with it now, but hated it when I first bought it. I've heard others say the same thing as well. I believe it's a love it or hate it item for most. I don't think you should have to wait to use a product though. I think you should be able to use it right when you open it.

Would I buy this item again? Ehhh, maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment